Friday, May 1, 2015

Horrific Experience in London...

I had originally wrote this post in anger but I am so glad that my phone froze and wouldn't let me post it. :)

It is so sad to say that I had a bad experience at Heathrow Airport in London because I had such hi hopes for this city. I have dreamed of flying into to London all my life. I have always wanted to visit. I was sad that I was flying there by myself because I had already promised to "A" that we would fly there together. And here it was that I was being diverted.
After a long flight from Denver to Atlanta I find that my 10:04 flight to Paris had been canceled (it was never made it to the boards). And that the next available flights to Paris would make me miss my 2:40 trip to Amman. So I had no choice.
Upon arrival in Atlanta and noticing that there was a mix up on my flights, I headed to customer service where I found a long line of travelers that were upset about the cancellation of the Paris flight. When it was my turn to talk to an agent there was a huge line behind me. I had already switched out my slip on shoes due to all the running I was doing left blisters on the back of both of my heels, and I added light capri pants under my skirt because I was cold. I had even pulled my hair up in a bun. Ugh. I looked amazing. :) Anyways, the ticket agent started talking to me and and told me that they were reverting me to Heathrow and that they were sending the word down to luggage handling to send my bags to London.
After she handed me back my itinerary and my ticket for the next flight, I was told that I would need to find a British Airways Agent when I touched down in Heathrow to get my next ticket. Then I was told that my flight was boarding and that I needed to get to the gate but not to hurry because I would get on this flight. EXCUSE ME! NOT TO HURRY BUT THEY WERE BOARDING! And I had to take the train back to the previous terminal. What the heck. Seriously.
Well I hurried as fast as I could to get to the terminal to board. When I got there they were boarding Zone 2 (my zone), I had just made it. I boarding the plan, looking a little worse for wear and took my seat. Luckily Delta took care of me and I got my row (2 seats) all to myself. So I relaxed and had a great flight. [Well, great except for the terrible turbulence coming into Heathrow at that time of day.] So aside from that the trip was great.
It wasn't until I touched down that the horror ensued.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment