Friday, May 1, 2015

Touchdown!!!

Touchdown! I wanted to scream "Hallelujah!" as loud as I could when the wheels finally touched the Jordan tarmac. It had been a long long long and patience trying trip. I was exhausted and completely emotional. Getting off the plane was pretty quick and getting down to the immigration was pretty easy. I remembered it all too well from the first trip.
I was third in line and through phase one really quick. Phase two, verification, was a little bit of a wait. There was only one person handling this section. It was about ten minutes before I was able to go up and finish my immigration and be let down to the baggage claim area.
Our luggage was already coming up in baggage claim 5. There was a huge crowd already gathering around the revolving table. So I waited, watching each bag that passed by... My bag was nowhere to be seen...
I went over to the help desk and they stated I had to wait until the carrier stopped before I could claim that my bag was not there. So I waited...
And waited... and guess what. My bag was nowhere to be found. Ugh.
Finally I went and put in the claim that my bag was not here. The agent took my information and looked up my bags.
Surprise... My bags were in PARIS!!! They had never even made it to London. When we got to Atlanta and they switched my flights... they didn't switch my luggage. Luckily "A" and I had packed extra clothes in my carry on so I do have some clothes until my baggage arrives. YAY!  *detect the note of sarcasm? It should be there... Double check...yep. There it is.*
Hopefully my luggage enjoyed its trip to Paris and will be with me sometime today. Fingers crossed and sending up a prayer... I need my hair supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment