Sunday, May 3, 2015

Jet-leg... the silent creeper

For the past two days I have been dealing with jet-leg creeping up on me. It has not been a pleasant experience. I am fine in the morning but once the afternoon hits so does the sleepiness. And it isn't like the weariness goes away...
Unless I close my eyes and try to sleep, it will stay with me and get worse. I don't think I have ever experienced this kind of sever jet-leg before. My body is really fighting me at this point.
Yesterday, for example, I did't get much sleep during the night and was wide awake at 5:30am. So I got out of bed and started to read. Around 10, after I showered and started the coffee pot, I sat down on the couch and passed out hard. "M" carried on with the day and even said that he kissed me and nothing woke me up. Ugh.
I woke up at 5:30pm and felt like someone had hit me with a cement block right between the eyes. After a little bit of food I felt a little better but I was still so sleepy. I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep that night because of my little nap so I took a sleep aid. Oh boy, that was not the right thing to do.
Yes I did sleep last night but this morning I couldn't wake up. I felt shaky and weak all day. I had two cups of coffee and still nothing. Then around 3:30pm I felt that if I didn't close my eyes I was doing to pass out. So that is what I did. I closed my eyes and was out like a light until "M" got home from work.
I really do hope that this headache and weariness go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment